Saturday, December 18, 2010

November 19th

Today Jeffrey showed Tyson and I how to get over to our apartment. It was not long walk but I am not sure I am ready to do it all on my own quiet yet. The streets are very narrow, sometimes barely the width of a sidewalk and yet cars and large truck feel no angst against speeding along beside you. At one point we had to step off the road into someone's yard because there was not enough room for the truck and us on the road. On the other side of what I though was more of a bike path, is a very large ditch that smells much like a sewer. I don't know if I will ever get use to the smells walking around here.
Once we arrived at the apartment and actually got a better chance to look around in the day time, we could see there was still some work that needed to be finished up before we can move in. It's not a lot so it shouldn't take that long. Although I am not sure if I would mind it being stretched out a bit, I am comfortable where I am at the school, for now.
After our walk to the apartment, we headed back to the school. Tyson was more than ready to head back onto the field with his soccer ball and I was just about ready for bed. This jet lag stuff is not any easier so far. Tyson and I are still waking up around 2:30 and falling asleep around 6pm. Sad that I have the same bed time as my 4 year old lol.
Tomorrow the school has arranged a field trip down to Busan to go to the aquarium. I am really looking forward to being able to get to know people better outside of the school. Maybe by the time we get back, I will be able to remember at least a few of their names.

No comments:

Post a Comment