Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nov. 25th Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving and I am missing my family quite a bit. Due to the time difference, there Thanksgiving will not be until tomorrow. Tomorrow they will gather together, my parents, grandparents, my sister and her husband and their 5 children. Not only are they going to have a huge Thanksgiving dinner but they are also going to have an early Christmas. My parents and grandparents are going to be in Florida so this will allow them to all be together to open their gifts. I am sad that I will not be there and even more depressed that this will be the first time since Jeff and I moved into our house that we will not be having everything there. The last two years I have had so much fun decorating, cooking and having everyone over. It was one of the first moments that our little house felt like a home, having everyone we loved all in it together. This Thanksgiving will not bring any decorating or the stress of cooking the perfect turkey. We took a trip out to Costco the other day to try and find a turkey, not that we have an oven to cook it in, but the prize bird was selling for a whopping 90$. Instead this holiday will be spent going to school, Thanksgiving is not a Korean holiday so school is running as normal today. We will all gather for supper in the cafeteria around 5:00 to enjoy a meal that may or may not be delightful. I am very thankful that my little family of three is together, this being more then I had expected. I am thankful that we are in a new country, experiencing so many new things and that we are all healthy and happy. Even though I am not with my family today, I still have so many things to be thankful for. I am also thankful that tomorrow is Saturday and Tyson and I are going to try to get up bring and early so we can join our family on their celebrations via Skype. At least I will get to watch everyone open their gifts and join in a little on the expected chaos of the day. So to everyone else, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember the things that make you grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment