Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tyson's Sleep Study

Tyson's last test that his Neurologist ordered was a sleep study. I am still waiting on the results, no surprise there, but I think it went well. Before arriving at the sleep clinic, Tyson and I decided to do some shopping and go out to dinner. He was so cute, when we walked into Ruby Tuesday's he went right up to the hostess and asked for a table for 2. He then told everyone he was "taking his mommy on a date". He was trying his very best to act all grown up, even ordered what he wanted to eat all on his own. After dinner we drove over to the sleep clinic (around 7pm) and as soon as we walked in the nurse asked Tyson to get his pj's on. He was very excited to show everyone his new Iron Man pjs, so getting him ready for bed was very easy. After he was all set and his teeth were brushed, it was time to start hooking him up to everything. They started with the wires on his head and he was happy to have it done because once again he had a pink wire. After his head was done they moved on to the rest of his get up. I was sure he might start to object to everything that the nurse was putting on him, but he never complained once. In fact instead of complaining he had a million questions. He wanted to know what everything was, how it worked and what it was going to "watch him do". After he was all hooked up, he decided that he had to potty one last time. He was more excited to walk around and show anyone he could find what he looked like rather then have to potty. After his little walk around the clinic, it was finally time for him to go to bed. He was so excited when his nurse turned on cartoons for him to watch before he fell asleep. He was so funny laying there in bed trying to figure out how the nurse could hear everything he said to her without having to yell. After about an hour he was finally tired enough to snuggle in and go to bed. It was a bit strange for me going to bed so early so I ended up staring at the wall for quite some time. A few times I noticed a red light flashing along with a small alarm going off so I asked his nurse what it was. She informed me that it would go off every time he stopped breathing. I was surprised to see how often it went off, but once he seemed to go into a deep sleep it didn't go off nearly as often. It took me a long time to fall asleep and our 5am wake up call came before I knew it. Tyson was very excited when they took everything off and he was able to take a shower there. Even though he slept almost all night, he was sound asleep shortly after we started driving home.
I will post his results, as soon as I actually get them, but here are a few photos from his night at the sleep clinic.

Just as the nurse was getting started.


All hooked up and ready for bed



I am so proud of him for being so good with all that stuff on him.


No comments:

Post a Comment