Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yard Sales

One of my most favorite things to do during the summer is to go to Yard Sales. I know most people look at it as buying someone junk, but if you hit the right ones you can really find some great stuff. This year I set off on my Yard Sale quest to try and find Tyson a larger bike. His is way too small for him but I really didn't want to have to go to the store and spend 100$ for another bike that would only last him a year or two.
This year Jeff actually promised me that if he had nothing else to do, (sleep, watch TV or find just about anything else to keep him busy) he would actually get up early and go to a few Yard Sales with me. The first few weekends we went, we really didn't find much of anything. Tyson found a few toys he liked, but nothing really big. The third weekend I drug Jeff out of bed to go, he was less then excited. He has even turned my yard sailing loving Tyson into a hater. When I woke Tyson up to get ready he told me "You know you can always go by yourself." After a few moments of convincing them that they really would love to go with me, they finally got ready and we headed out. The first few again were nothing we wanted, but then at last we found one that had just what I was looking for. A new bike for Tyson!!! It had some rust on it, the seat was ripped and one of the tires was broken, but I knew with some spray paint, a new seat and a little work it would look great, so for 10$ Tyson got his new bike! We also managed to pick up a really cute doll for my nieces to play with when they come up, along with another elephant for Tyson's room, all for around 12$. Here are some before and after pics. of his new big boy bike.





As you can see Tyson is very happy with his new bike!!

The next weekend, while Jeff was conveniently at work, Tyson and I decided to go to a few Yard Sales on our own. Most of them were again a flop, but at one I managed to get Tyson a new Jon Deer riding tractor and a new turtle night light, all for 7$ The tractor also needed a little work but with the help of my dad it is now one of Tyson's favorite toys. I will post photos of Tyson's new tractor soon.


Hopefully now both Jeff and Tyson will go willingly with me to any and all Yard Sales of my choosing. (I really doubt it though)

No comments:

Post a Comment