Sunday, July 18, 2010

So behind, again!

Ok so time to play catch up once again. I am trying so hard to keep this blog updated, but life keeps us busy. Ok so let me start where I left off, or at least where I think I did. Tyson's last test to try to determine what is causing his headaches was the sleep study his neurologist ordered. After a lot of waiting and many, many phone calls we finally got the results. Everything was perfectly normal, crossing off our last grasp to find a reason for his suffering, or at least this is what we believed. Through some strong recommendations from our friends, Jeff and I decided to take Tyson to our local chiropractor. His first visit started off with a long list of questions, paperwork and a physical exam. It did not take long for the doctor to find what he believes is the cause to his migraines. To quote his medical terms, Tyson's head is literally not on straight. He believes that sometime during Tyson's semi traumatic delivery, the pushing and pulling on his head and neck to welcome him into the world, misaligned his neck from the base of his skull. When he had Tyson stand straight up and look forward, from the back you can quite easily see that one of Tyson's ears is much lower then the other. The doctor explained that once Tyson became mobile, most likely learned to walk and run with his head tilted slightly. I asked him why we hadn't noticed it and he reassured us that it is such a slight tilt of his head, unless we were looking for it we would not see it. When he is running around or looking down (coloring, reading, or doing schoolwork) he is putting pressure on everything that supports his head, causing the headaches. Depending on how much pressure is placed on the nerves, muscles and such determines how bad his headache. He assured us that he strongly believes that with a few visits a week for about 6 weeks, he should see a remarkable difference in his pain. Hopefully he will for the first time in almost 2 years, be headache free!!! His first adjustment went well, but he was a bit uncomfortable. He had been having a headache for almost 3 days in a row and having and adjustment with a headache left him a bit stiff and not feeling 100%, I am thrilled to say that since that last headache finally went away, he has not complained of another. I am not saying just yet it is because of the adjustments, but I am crossing my fingers and praying to God this helps. I will admit that after we left the doctors office on that first visit, I did break down and cry. I was just amazed that in a few months time we went from one doctor telling us Tyson showed every signs of having a brain tumor or hydrocephalus to he just needs some simple adjustments. I am so thankful to God that we have fond what may be an answer to everything and that it is so simple to correct. I can not help but to feel so guilty for all the tests we had to put him through. The CT scans, MRI's, being sedated, the EEGs EKGs and his uncomfortable night at the sleep study. I know they were necessary to rule out anything more serious, but I just wish that somewhere along the lines his pediatrician would have made the suggestion of taking him to see a chiropractor to see if he could help. The months of pain we could have saved him, all the medication he would not have had to be given and the many, many nights he could have slept peacefully. I am doing my best to put that all behind me and just look at the blessing we have in front of us and the possibility of finally making him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment