Sunday, January 30, 2011

Not much new

As the title suggests, there isn't much to write about. The last few weeks have been kind of slow here. This week I am playing History and Geography teacher. So far most of the kids have been great, but you always get a few that think having a sub is a good excuse for not doing what they are asked. These next few days are going to be worse I'm sure as everyone is excited about our Lunar New Year break coming up on Wednesday. I am going to run out to the store tomorrow to pick up a big gift package for the kitchen staff here. They all work so hard feeding us and even though we may not always like what they cook, they still put a lot of effort into what they do. I love that they all know Tyson and chef will go out of his way to make him something special when he can. He and Tyson always have fun making faces at each other or playing the occasional game of soccer when the time allows. I wish that I could get everyone who works here something, but I just can't afford that. I am going to try to also pick up something for the cleaning ladies though; they are always working so hard with such little thanks.

Anyway, they upcoming break is much needed and I am looking forward to it with open arms. Hopefully I will have more to write about because Jeff, Tyson and I are hoping to go to Busan for a few days over our break. Also today is DIS first talent show. I am super excited to see the kids perform their dances, songs and other talents they have been working so hard on. Hopefully I will have lots of photos and movie clips in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment