Monday, January 17, 2011

30 The good, the bad and the just plain ugly!!

So today is January 13th and it's my 3oth Birthday. I am not sure what I expected, but this is not how I have pictured my big 3-0. It started off with some not so kind words from my wonderful son, but there is no need to share that touching moment here. The rest of the day was spent subbing in the library for an hour or so before lunch, then heading back to my dorm room to wait for school to get out. Jeff was nice enough to bring me out to dinner, but well it was just very uneventful. No birthday cards, no candle to make a wish on, not even a stupid your over the hill t-shirt to open. I never had much of a sweet 16 party, and my 21st well that was a huge flop, so I thought that maybe, just maybe that Jeff would try to make this Birthday really special. Guess it would have been better not to get my hopes up. He did buy me a great new laptop that will arrive in the next few weeks, but other than that it was just any other day. The one thing that really made me sad was that it was also our 5th wedding anniversary and he completely forgot. So to sum it all up, my 30th has come and gone with not much to write about, a few tears and less expectations for future.

No comments:

Post a Comment