Wednesday, July 28, 2010

South Korea Update.

Praying, wishing, hoping, crossing fingers and knocking on wood did not do us any good. Jeff did not get the 2nd grade position at the school here in town, making it official that in less then 2 weeks he will be on a plane heading for Daegu South Korea. I know that I had previously posted that I was excited for this opportunity, and I still am, but expenses are starting to get the better of us. Because the school can not afford to fly every new teacher's family, they are only paying for plane tickets for the teachers themselves. After buying all of Jeff's supplies to get him by for a few months, along with paying for a costly trip to Florida in December, along with Tyson and I trying to keep a house running here, we are not sure that we will be able to come up with the money needed to fly Tyson and I over in December. I can not even begin to put into words how stressed I am, or how sad I am that this is not coming together as planed. I know this is what is suppose to be happening because a few days ago I asked God to put it in his hands and what ever happened, I know it was meant for our family. I just hope he can convey the rest of his wisdom to us and let us know where to go from here. So, with my knee surgery only 2 days away, I need to get busy and pack everything Jeff will need to get him through a year in Korea. Or at least get him by until he can learn the lay of the land and where to pick up things he needs. It's going to be very hard here without him, but I am so greatfull for my family and friends who will be close by to keep us company in his absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment