Monday, July 19, 2010

Back to the knee doctor.....

Today I went back to my doctor to discuss the pain I have been having in my knee, along with the fact I sound like a walking bowl of Rice Krispies. Even though I am not thrilled about it, I was not surprised when he said he wanted to go in with a scope and possibly do a lateral release to try and finally put an end to this ongoing problem. We had discussed this possibility when he tried the steroid injections back in February, but actually being told your going to have to have another surgery is never easy, even if this will be the 17th time I have seen the inside of an OR. Even though this is a simple surgery and I have already gone through it back in High School, I have experienced first hand what can go wrong with a "simple" surgery. I have put together a photo album of my experiences with my knee over the past year. I STRONGLY suggest that if you have a weak stomach, DO NOT look. For those who do, maybe you will understand a little more what I have had to endure and why I am honestly scared to once again go under any kind of knife.


Click to view all the photos

No comments:

Post a Comment