Monday, July 19, 2010

Day On The Water

Something I really wanted to do this summer was to go camping with Jeff, Tyson and my parents up at our favorite point on West Sebois Lake. Unfortunately due to everything going on, this is most likely not going to happen, so we all agreed the next best thing would be to try and escape some of the heat in town by packing up a picnic lunch and head up with the kayaks for the day. The start of our trip did not go quite as smoothly as I had hoped because when my parents showed up with Tyson (he had slept over the night before) I knew something was not right by the look on my father's face as he was caring Tyson into the house. As soon as got into the door and saw me he started crying and screaming that his toe was gone. My mother explained that he had somehow gotten his foot caught in my father's truck seat and when he went to lift the seat, something caught his toenail and ripped it off. By the time I got him to calm down enough to let me take his shoe off, I could clearly see his toenail hanging by just a tiny piece of skin. Whatever had ripped it off had done it so fast that it took all the skin around his nail and almost to his knuckle with it. After some debating if he should be taken to the hospital, we finally decided on some Ibuprofen and a bandage, along with the magic Iron Man ice pack that makes everything better. Once he had calmed down, we returned to our plans of going up with the kayaks for the day. By the time we got to the water, he was already running around begging to go swimming. He may cry more when he sees his mommy, but he is still one very tough little boy! Once on the point, everyone but my dad (feeling very upset over Tyson's toe) went into the water for a swim. Jeff stayed in for about an hour and other then eating lunch, my mother, Tyson and I never came out of the water until it was time to head home. I really hope this is something we will be able to do again before Jeff heads off to Korea, but if not, at least we had one great day there.

No comments:

Post a Comment