Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting Ready for Tyson's 4th Birthday

I am trying to get everything ready for Tyson's 4th Birthday next week and so far I think I am doing pretty good. He originally wanted an Iron Man party but after much discussion he settled on a Dinosaurs. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake getting all the decorations and everything I needed because for months we have been looking at the dinosaur stuff at the dollar store in Bangor. Just my luck though, when I finally go to pick everything up I find that they no longer carry that theme. I grabbed what they did have and came home with only two table decorations and a few packages of napkins. I knew I did not want to change the theme again because he would never make up his mind, so Jeff and I went back to Bangor this past weekend and hit every store we could think of that sold party supplies. After about 3 different dollar stores, Marden's, Wal-Mart, Target, iParty, Big Lots and AC Moore we finally have just about everything we need. I still have to pick up a few more things, but I know I can get the last of what we need this Friday. The only things I never found were party invitations, cupcake liners and a pin the horn on the tyrannosaurus game. So I had to get a bit creative and make my own invitations. I bought the dinosaur door hangers from the dollar store and with a little glue and a printer, came up with the rest. For the cupcakes I turned to the computer yet again and printed off some dinosaurs, copied them, flipped the image and glued them to toothpicks to make my own decorations. As for party games, I am a little lost. I am going to try to go to Staples and have a large dinosaur picture printed out then have it laminated at the school and hopefully come up with my own version of a pin the tail game. I am still trying to think of some other games for the kids to play, but so far I am coming up blank. Hopefully by then I can think of something, or at least Google a few good ideas.


Tyson's Party Invitations



A few of the dinosaurs to go on the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment