Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Seomun Market

This past Saturday we all took a trip to Seomun Market. I have been wanting to go there for some time, but knew that it would take some time to get Tyson ready for everything he would see. I spend a long time talking about the difference between pet fish and eating fish, along with chickens, cows, pigs and other animals we might encounter while there. He was sad to know that there would be live animals waiting to be killed, but he seemed ready enough to go. I know that he needs to learn where his food comes from sooner or later, but this is still a really hard thing for a little boy who cries over dead bugs to see.
Anyway, the market was not as far away as I imagined. Only a short bus ride, a few stops on the subway and one change of trains. As soon as we came up the stairs from the subway, I could already see how crowded the streets were. I guess going on a Saturday was pushing it a bit. Because of the crowds, there was a lot of pushing and bumping, but for as many people as there were, I never once felt unsafe. Tyson was free to walk around, for the most part. I was more afraid of him wondering off and not being able to see him due to his size rather then someone actually walking off with him.
Here are a few pictures of our trip. I only wish I could even begin to show just how large this place was. We were there for well over 5 hours and never even saw half of it!He was making cinnamon and sugar pancakes. They were good, but I wish they came without the peanuts.It was the pancakes or boiled entrails. Doesn't that look yummy!!Tyson was still hungry and asked for a Waffle. I just love the little dragon ones!!unrefrigerated chicken anyone?Fresh Feet.REALLY fresh!YummThe lady that owned this booth slapped my hand right in the center of this octopus! Thank gooness for hand sanitizer!! I bought some dried pineapple and mango and it was SOOO good!!!SpicesLittle, smelly fishOr bugs if you likeTyson warm and happyCookie cart being made fresh right behind the stand.I am sure these would make any hunter jullisThese on the other hand, the dead frog skeletons, were just scary!

I really am excited about going back and seeing what else this amazing place has to offer. When I do, you can be sure there will be lost of new pictures for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment