Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SURPRISE!!!

First a photo to see if you can figure out what the big surprise is?



Can you guess?



If you are thinking those look a lot like wedding rings then, YOU WIN!!!!!



Jeff and I have been engaged for over 7 years now and every time we try to finally start planing a wedding, something seems to come up. With him leaving for Korea, I knew that I wanted him to leave as my Husband, not just my fiance. So, in less then 10 hours we were able to go to the town office and get our marriage licence and find someone who could merry us on such short notice. As soon as we had that done, we went over to my parents to ask if it would be alright if we got married in their back yard, something I have always wanted. They both excitedly said yes and then things were off and running. Mom and I got right to work cleaning up the yard and figuring out where I wanted it done. She and my dad built a beautiful rock waterfall and ponds a few years ago, along with a huge brick patio and pergola made by my dad. I decided that under the pergola would be the perfect place to finally say "I do". As soon as I decided where I wanted it, Jeff and I were off and running to his parents house to tell them the good news. Before leaving I called my grandparents to invite them, knowing how long they have waited to see me get married. Jeff's parents were both in a bit of shock, but very happy. I wanted this to just be a few people, but Jeff really wanted his sister there, so we called up Laurie and told her to drive up north as soon as she got out of work. After she stopped screaming and laughing she promised she would be there. Before leaving Jeff asked if he could invite one more person, W. Linda Wasilauskis has become a very close friend to Jeff and our family since he started working at the school. It was no surprise to me when her first reaction was "Your not already married" lol. She was very happy to be included in our special day and we were happy she could be there. After we left Jeffrey's parents house, I went back to help my mom put up a few decorations. I could not believe when we pulled up to their house that my mom and dad had strung Christmas lights all over the pergola and trees, it was beautiful. The one thing that was missing was some lights around the pond so I ran home and grabbed the box of wedding stuff that Jeff and I have been picking up over the years. In the box we had more then a dozen bowls with floating rose candles. We also had a cake cutting set along with wedding cups. I placed the candles along the pond and along the wall by the house. After that was done, my mom and I went to the greenhouse where she works and she made me the most beautiful bouquet ever. THANK YOU MOM!!!! I could not believe how great everything looked for coming together so fast. The only thing missing was I was that I did not have my sister here with me, so I set to work trying to call her so that she could be there with us over the computer. I went home and got my laptop and set up Skype so that she could watch everything. Unfortunately I was not able to get a hold of her until the last minuet and they were not a home. I did have my mom hold up the phone so they could try to hear everything, but I'm not sure they actually heard anything. I was happy that we were able to Skype her in when it was time to cut the cake. The one thing that I was really sad about was that we did not have time to go buy wedding rings for each other. I was lucky in that I had the first engagement right that Jeff had given to me 7 + years ago and another right that he had given to me for Christmas. Even though I am allergic to the white gold that they used to cover the second ring with, I had one to use. I can not even tell you how shocked I was when we came to the part of "with this ring I thee wed" for Jeff and I had to say he didn't have one, only to be told that yes he did. Jeff's sister was so momentously amazing and had stopped at the mall before heading up to buy him a wedding ring. I have always said that if things were meant to happen they would and this wedding was truly meant to happen. I can never possible thank his sister enough for doing that for us. Almost everything that day was just as perfect as I could ever have imagined. The one really funny thing is that everything all came together so fast that it was not until after I became Jeff's wife that I realized that I never even put my shoes on. All in all it truly was a perfect day, a few things happened that I wish I could have changed, but the joy over shadowed the bad.

To those who did not get to enjoy in our day, I am so very sorry. I never wanted to exclude anyone or hurt any one's feelings. I never imagined that I would ever get married without my family, friends and all the people that we love there with us. This was something that was put together last minuet, once we knew that Jeff would not be able to try to get the job here in town. We also wanted to make sure that we were married in case things worked out for Tyson and I to join Jeff over in Korea. If we were not married then I would only be able to stay 2 months on a tourist visa. I really hope that you will all join us on our first anniversary to renew our vows in a more traditional ceremony, complete with the wedding gown I have always dreamed of wearing, so that we can share in the joy of becoming a true family with all the people that we love.
Also if anyone is wondering why we would get married on Friday the 13th, I want you to know that the 13th not only is my birthday, but has always been a lucky day for me. The other reason is because my parents wedding Anniversary is the 14th and I did not want to take away from their special day together.
Here are a few more photos from our day.......
















1 comment: