Monday, August 2, 2010

2 Days Post Op

I have to say this is not the recovery I expected in my wildest dreams. Not only have I not taken anything more then a few Ibuprofen since Friday, but I am already up and walking without crutches. I can honestly say that I am in less pain now then I was before surgery! I am still taking it easy and most of the day is spend in bed with my polar care on. Polar care is something the hospital gave me after one of the knee surgeries last year that put me in the hospital for a number of days. It is a looks like any hard cooler you might pack your lunch in, but this one you fill with ice and water and it has a circulator that moves the cold water through a long flat tube through a pad that I wrap around my knee. This way I don't have to worry about using messy ice bags that melt after a short time. I will try to post a photo of what it looks like when I am feeling a little better.
Anyway the polar care has really been allowing me to control my pain without medication and I could not be happier. I am still really swollen but hardly bruised at all. I am really hopeful that this last surgery is finally going to give me back my life, pain free.
Tomorrow I go back to see my doctor so he can check on my incisions and go over everything he found during the surgery. There was one thing that he saw that he referred to as "concerning" but at that moment, I was starting to feel everything and did not pay any more attention to what he was saying. I think he will also be surprised to see just how well I am doing. Maybe now my nightmares will finally stop and I can once again dream of going on long bike rides and maybe even getting back into running.

No comments:

Post a Comment