Monday, March 29, 2010

Loose Teeth

My niece Olivia lost another baby tooth tonight and when I was trying to show Tyson what tooth had fallen out, I noticed that his two lower baby teeth were loose. I have never heard of a child his age loosing baby teeth so I immediately got a bit nervous. I asked him if he had fallen and bumped his teeth but he assured me he had not. So off to the somewhat trusty Internet to find out if this was normal or we should be worried. To my surprise it is not unheard of for children his age to start loosing their baby teeth. As long as it is in the right order, lower front then upper front, it is nothing to really be stressed over. Many of the articles that I read said that children who cut their teeth earlier then 4 to 7 months can also loose their teeth earlier then normal. Tyson had 3 baby teeth when he was only 3 months old. We are still going to make an appointment to see a dentist just to make sure there not coming too early, but I think my little baby is going to grow up faster then I am ready for. The loss of baby teeth, at least in my eyes, is a very big deal. To me it signifies the last thing that kept him my little boy and thrusts him into being this big kid. I know this stage has to happen but I really though I had a few more years. I am not ready to see him grow up so fast. I truly believe it is harder because right now he is my only child and I want him to stay my baby. I am afraid that not long after this he will stop wanting to cuddle and want to be off playing with his friends more. That he will be reaching that "oh my parents are so annoying" stage before I know it. We truly only have a limited amount of time where we as parents are the center of their world. Where they want to play with us, cuddle and learn what we have to teach them. While I am thankful that he is growing into an independent child, it still makes me sad to know that he is growing up. I just hope I can be as brave as my little boy is so we can both get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment